1 litre of milk (4 cups)
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of sahleb powder
1 tbsp orange blossom water
½ tsp mastic pounded with ½ tsp sugar
Pistachios for decoration
1. Mix the sahleb with a little of the mil, Boil the rest of the milk in a saucepan after you added the sugar (keep stirring all the time).
2. Add some of the hot milk to the sahleb paste, then gradually mix in the rest of the milk, add the mastic powder.
3. Stir vigorously until it is all dissolved and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes until it is tick (keep stirring from time to time).
4. Mix in the orange blossom water and pour the mixture into a bowl for the freezer.
5. leave it to cool, then cover and freeze, beating at intervals to avoid the formation of crystals (I used an electrical hand mixer and it added air to the mixture)
6. Take out of freezer 10 minutes before serving, spoon the ice cream into bowls and sprinkle with chopped pistachios