Sunday 23 January 2011

Sweet potatoes and feta cheese salad


The first time I made this salad was, it was the first course of a meal from Jamie Olivers ‘30 minutes meals’ book. I steamed the vegetables instead of using the microwave because I doubled the quantities and also because I Do not like the texture of microwave cooked potatoes. Since that day, this salad makes some wonderful light lunches or dinners for me and my husband. I am still waiting for my boys to adopt it!!!!

Ingredients:
1 sweet potato
2 medium potatoes
1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
1 cup finely chopped coriander
(Optional) juice of ½ lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt
Black pepper
(Optional) 1 small chopped mild green chilly


Steps:
1.      Wash and scrub the potatoes. Leave skin on and cut them into big chunks. Steam or boil until cooked
2.      Leave potatoes to cool down, then roughly chop into small pieces (use a chopping board and a big knife)
3.      Mix all the ingredients (preferably using both hands) season with salt and black pepper
4.      Serve cold or at room temperature. (you can save some feta cheese and coriander and a drizzle of olive oil to add on top of salad before serving)

No comments:

Post a Comment