3 cups plain white flour
1 cup melted butter
½ cup icing sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powderSome orange blossom water
3 cups almond powder
1 cup caster sugar
1 tbsp melted butter
½ cup orange blossom waterMore icing sugar for topping
1. Mix flour, sugar, butter, salt and baking powder then add orange blossom water to obtain soft but firm dough. Knead until smooth and leave to rest for 15mn
2. Take walnut size dough balls and roll as in the picture. Take roughly 1 tsp of the filling and spread as a snake in the middle of the oval shape dough.
3. Slowly fold the dough over the filling in your direction. You might roll as you go along.
4. Pinch the edge of the snake where the dough ends to avoid the filling from escaping.
5. Turn it until the smooth side is facing up and shape it as a crescent. Place on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven 180°C for 10 to 20mn until lightly golden.
6. As soon as they are cooked dust with icing sugar and leave to cool down before removing them from the baking tray.