Minced lamb 500g
1 tin chopped tomatoes
One large onion
1 cup chopped coriander leaves
Tomato paste 1tbsp (adjust to taste)
Chickpeas 1 can
Chicken stock 2cups (water instead)
- Start by making the meat balls. Add salt and allspice, cinnamon and coriander leaves to the meat. Mix well and make into walnut size balls. Put aside.
- You can grill them or dry fry them to get rid of most of the fat.
- In a heavy bottom pan heat some olive oil and fry the chopped onion, cook on low heat until it becomes soft, add the chopped tomatoes (blend until smooth before) and the tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper, add 1 to 2 cups of water and cook for 20 to30 minute.
- Add the meat balls and cook for another 15 minutes. Five minutes from the end drain and add the chickpeas.
- Serve next to vermicelli rice or cooked Bulgar wheat.